"It always seems impossible until it's done." - Nelson Mandela
Divorce is a time of drastic change and no matter who you are, going through the process of divorce will inevitably impact every aspect of your life.
At Riëtte Oosthuizen Attorneys, we understand that our clients' needs can be extremely complicated as they navigate this painful and confusing process, which is why we handle all cases and the information received with sensitivity and confidentiality.
Divorce is also a constantly evolving, highly complex area of the law and requires a specific set of skills. We base or advice on experience, intelligent analyses, creative thinking and sensitivity to the particular family's circumstances. We devise an individualised, practical solution that has the best possible outcome for the client.
We handle all issues pertaining to the dissolution of the marital partnership including:
- Contested and uncontested divorce;
- Divorce mediation;
- Same sex couple divorces;
- Interim matters whilst the divorce is still pending which may include Rule 43 applications (including interim maintenance and or interim residence of the children and or interim contact rights) or applications concerning domestic violence;
- The various marital regimes and division thereof, including marriages in community of property, marriages out of community of property and marriages out of community of property with inclusion of the accrual system;
- The valuation and distribution of all types of marital property and or assets including pension funds, retirement annuities, life annuities, trusts, shares, businesses, companies, closed corporations, overseas investments, properties nationally and internationally, movable assets etc;
- All issues relating to children and the Children’s Act 38 of 2005 including matters relating to parental rights and responsibilities, including care, guardianship, residence, contact and maintenance. We further deal with matters concerning, parental alienation, the rights of grandparents or other persons closely involved in the child’s life, and relocation of children both nationally and internationally.
Our cases routinely involve complex financial issues, valuations of assets, and tax issues related to parties' assets – often with an international dimension. These estates might include residential and commercial real estate, family businesses, other businesses, partnerships, trusts, shares, stocks, annuities and liabilities etc.